Ok guess what? It’s Cinco de Mayo time! Yeah, you all know what that means, drink margarita’s, eat chips and salsa, and don’t forget tacos!!! If you know me, you know I love Mexican food so this is one holiday I celebrate more than once a year – most weeks I aim for at least once a week – I said I love Mexican!
Anyway, this holiday gives you a free pass to all this awesome food and drink. So here ya go… my go-to margarita that is pretty low in calories.
Ok, my first disclaimer is that I really don’t measure things out. For the sake of this, I will do my best to give you some solid directions. I usually just pour away and it just works out (lol – I like to drink did I mention that?).. This one has been tested over and over. I can promise that!
For just one? Ok, thats dumb. We all know you need more than one, but here it is. You do the math and make a batch!
- Cut up a few pieces of jalapeño and cucumber and put them in the bottom of a glass and muddle away – in other words smash the heck out of it in the bottom of the glass.
- Fill glass with lots of ice
- 2 oz of Tequila – yes two – I like to taste it! I use 100% pure agave EL ESPOLON Tequila Resposado! Any tequila that you like will do.
- 3-4 oz of lemonade – for low cal go with Minute Made Light (get it in the refrigerated section of the grocery store – it just tastes fresher). You can also use the Minute Made Light can in the soda section of the grocery store.
- 1-2 oz of seltzer – just plain ol’ seltzer – no calories in here gives a little fizz and tones down the sweetness. This is only a suggestion, can go without it too!
- Half of a squeezed lime – you heard me half – they are cheap use them!!
- Put in a shaker or stir the crap out of it – enjoy your low cal version!
Now, lets talk about this beauty of a product I found!
Instead of smashing jalapeño’s (if your lazy like I am sometimes) buy this beauty in the picture. Skip the cucumber and the jalapeño muddling, add some seltzer to make it less caloric, a fresh squeeze of lime, obviously the tequila, and ice – shake or stir and BOOM YUM! No mess, no fuss.
BEWARE: Minute Made Light is 15 calories and the Jalapeño Limeade is 100 calories per 8 oz. Let me ask you this! Do you really care on Cinco De Mayo? The correct answer is NO! Just care more on a regular basis.