- 20 or so tomatillos – these come in a weird leaf-like skin, it peels right off but it can be a little sticky. I just rinse a little and they are ready to use.
- Approx 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- Lime – squeeze a half to a whole lime (depends on your taste for lime – I like it)
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic – 1 big clove or more if you like it
- Jalapeño – 1/2 to whole (I’m lazy so I go seeds and all)
- Onion – chopped about half cup but again up to your taste (I buy it chopped – told you LAZY)
- Cilantro – literally a handful – if you like it! BTW I do 🙂
- Salt/pepper to taste – add at the end to taste
Have your chips handy so you can test your salsa – doctor it up with whatever it needs. You really should not need much – just be prepared to love it. If its not spicy enough add more jalapeño to it, I like it hot! Lastly, if you do not have a food processor, blend it in the blender it takes on a different consistency but still awesome. If you don’t have a blender – get chopping!!!