Friends of ours shared a pic of Bellini Pops on their Facebook page and we at Nearly All Things immediately hit the web to buy some. Guess what – they aren’t available in the U.S. – bummer! There are a couple of companies making cocktail popsicles here, but most were sold out prior to Memorial Weekend. Soooo – I decided to make my own! This was inspired by our friend Allison’s watermelon cucumber cocktail – which was DELISH – thanks Allison!
- 2 heaping cups of cubed watermelon
- 2 tbsp diced cucumber – My first couple of batches had too much cucumber – not recommended! I also was happier with a normal cucumber rather than an English Cucumber (which is shown in the video below)
- 1 1/2 shots vodka – or go for 2 if 1 1/2 just doesn’t seem like enough 😉
You will also need:
- Small funnel – I bought an Icicle Funnel from Amazon (shown below) and it worked great and was super easy to use – comes in a set of 2.
- Popsicle molds – I used Zip-A-Pop disposable DIY Popsicle Molds (BPA Free and FDA Approved) – Highly recommended and can be used for all kinds of fun popsicles for kids! (Also shown below)
Yields : 3 popsicles
Once you have the tools, have fun with this! Try your own concoctions – Pinterest has a lot of great ideas too. Be sure to come back and comment if you find any other winners! Here’s a video of my first attempt at making them. We are getting crazy hi-tech here people!
Featured image & video by Cooper Young