This recipe was inspired by the Refried Bean Taco recipe from WolfDown. I made a few changes to her recipe, primarily because I had a few different ingredients at my house and I didn’t feel like running out. Plus, I like my tacos on the spicier side, so this recipe reflects that too. Here’s our recipe, but I encourage you to check out WolfDown’s recipe as it looks equally delicious and has great pictures!
Quick and Easy Spicy Black Bean Tacos
- 1 15 oz. can black beans with jalapenos
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1/4 tsp (heaping) coriander spice
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. evoo
- Cilantro sprigs
- 8 Flour Tortilla Taco Boats
- Guacamole – homemade is best, but there are decent store bought ones if you want to save more time
- Salsa of your choice – Use Renfros Habanero salsa if you like spicy, or Renfros Ghost-Pepper salsa if you can endure the heat 😉
- Mexican cheese
Saute diced onion and garlic in evoo and butter on medium heat until onions are translucent and turning golden. Be careful not to overcook the garlic. Slow and steady is better than having burned garlic, trust me. Toss in the can of black beans and jalapenos and coriander and let cook for another 10 minutes. Stir well.
Add mixture to flour tortilla boats, top with salsa, dollop of guacamole, cilantro, and mexican cheese. These are easy and delicious! And if you used the right ingredients – have a great spice to boot! I added taco meat as an option for the kids and let them build their own. This was a great family dinner that we could all enjoy!
I served these tacos with roasted cauliflower. A surprisingly great combo 🙂