I recently made these Cinnamon Sweet Potato Blondies from The Plant Paradox Cookbook written by Steven R. Gundry, MD. This cookbook not only offers 100+ healthy and easy to follow recipes, but they are also gluten-free and mostly lectin-free. Each recipe is designed to help heal the gut, promote weight loss, and quell inflammation. Everything I’ve tried from this cookbook has been really great – including this recipe below:
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Blondies Recipe (from The Plant Paradox Cookbook):
- olive oil or coconut spray
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened but not melted
- 1/3 cup yacon syrup or 4 Tbsp confectioner’s Swerve* (erythritol)
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree (from baked sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 omega-3 or pastured eggs or VeganEggs
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
*I used Swerve which I thought tasted and acted like sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 8×8″ glass baking dish with olive or coconut oil.
- Using a whisk or stand mixer , cream together the coconut oil and yacon syrup (or Swerve).
- Mix in the sweet potato puree, coconut milk, and eggs.
- Add the flours, baking soda, spices, vanilla extract, and salt – mix well.
- Spread the batter evenly in your prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the the center comes out clean, and the top is golden brown.
- Let cool to room temperature before cutting. Store at room temperature in an air-tight container for 3-4 days.
Nearly All Things Advice: Be careful not to add too much sweet potato puree or they become too mushy – otherwise these were delish! I added a dollop of whipped cream to it for my kids as shown in the picture. I also warmed it up with a little real, maple syrup and turned it into a yummy breakfast for myself 🙂
NEW TO NEARLY ALL THINGS? You don’t have to be! Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, or here on our blog. We believe that looking good, feeling good, and having fun is important at any age. Oh, and we promise not to use your email for anything other than our posts .